Setting default file locations

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

SJCFinance

Setting default file locations

Post by SJCFinance »

I am using PC+8.5 with the latest MR. I save files to a server. The PC+ file folder resides on the server. I want to set my default file export to the server folder. The default is to the "My Documents" on the C:\ drive.

Can the default export location be changed?

RA La Rue

NeilZ

Re: Setting default file locations

Post by NeilZ »

SJCFinance wrote:I am using PC+8.5 with the latest MR. I save files to a server. The PC+ file folder resides on the server. I want to set my default file export to the server folder. The default is to the "My Documents" on the C:\ drive.

Can the default export location be changed?

RA La Rue
What type of files are you exporting ?? If they are mail merge files, you can set a default under FILE -> PREFERENCES -> SYSTEM SETUP OPTIONS, then select the Mail Merge tab.

As far as other types of files, I have not found a location to set a default. However, all the files I create through either 'canned' or custom reports go to the PCPLUS directory by default. I'm not sure if that is hardcoded in to the system
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

on edit:
Thanks Neil! You beat me to it!

The answer to that question will be different depending on exactly what you're trying to export. By default, the Accounting export saves in the PowerChurch directory. If that's on the server, then there you go. Mail Merge exports can be controlled through File->Preferences->System Setup. You can specify a default location there. All of the canned reports export to your My Documents folder. You can change that when you save it, but there's no control to change the default.

Thanks
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

SJCFinance

Thanks & Clarification

Post by SJCFinance »

Thank you both, for your prompt replies.

I have thought about your replies and realize I should have better stated the files location that I wish to change.

I save a copy of my Contributions Fund Report to disk before posting the contributions. When I choose to save any contributions report to disk, it gives an 'export' type (irrelevent) and then defaults to my C:\ drive. This is the process for which I'd like an option to change the default.

Example: I am saving an unposted contributions fund report to disk. The default file location is this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Ruthann Larue\My Documents\PCREPORT.TXT.

I'd like to change that to a very long address: e:\common\finance\my documents\secure\PCPlusReports\......

Is there a way to change this default? Of will PC consider offering a default location change?

Thanks for taking time to read and respond

RA La Rue

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

I see. I don't know if that is in the plans or not, but I will forward this to development for their review.

Thanks!
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/