email error

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

email error

Post by whfpc »

Good morning, I have always emailed employee's paystubs from the payroll module. Last week I started getting an error reading:
Error with authenticate:

SMPT authentication failed after sending password. Check your username/password or your SMTP server's auth settings.
The server responded with 535 incorrect authentication data.
I have verified passwords on my end, our IT is a member and is saying it's not the server possible powerchurch issue, wondering if anyone else has had this issue or is it best to call technical support?

Robin

NeilZ

Re: email error

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:05 am
Good morning, I have always emailed employee's paystubs from the payroll module. Last week I started getting an error reading:
Error with authenticate:

SMPT authentication failed after sending password. Check your username/password or your SMTP server's auth settings.
The server responded with 535 incorrect authentication data.
I have verified passwords on my end, our IT is a member and is saying it's not the server possible powerchurch issue, wondering if anyone else has had this issue or is it best to call technical support?

Robin
If this has just started then your email provider has changed the authentication, and you may need to revisit the email setup in Powerchurch.

Here's the Knowledgebase article link on that: https://www.powerchurch.com/support/434 ... owerchurch
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.