Backing up Selected Files

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Louise

Backing up Selected Files

Post by Louise »

Using version 8.5 - five computers networked at the church. Each user working in one module. e.g. one maintaining membership data, one working on a pictorial directory, and another entering contribution data. As a volunteer, and not being at the church office on a regular basis, I would like to work on my home computer in the fund accounting module, then back up the accounting files and restore them at the church. Is this a safe thing to do? Would the work the other users have done be in jeporady if I do this?
Hesitant to try - Thanks for any advice.
Louise

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Before restoring any backup MAKE a backup first until you get used to the process.

But if you are the only one working in accounting, then if you backup only accounting, when you restore that backup only accounting will get restored, nothing else will get touched.

Louise

Post by Louise »

Thank you for the response. I did as you said, and it worked fine.
I thought it would work, but just needed some reassurance before I actually tried this.

This forum is a great tool. Thanks for creating it. I have been reading postings from others, and have learned a lot about PowerChurch and how it works and have found many helpful ideas. I am feeling much more comfortable using PC+ now!!! Thanks.
Louise

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Excellent! That's the whole point. :P
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/