Room names and the events calendar.

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bobcheal

Room names and the events calendar.

Post by bobcheal »

The current "Events Schedule" that appears on the Events:Reports-Events menu looks great except for a huge deficiency. The room name is not included. It presents a beautiful layout of the date/time, event and event description. Why not the room location?

At our church we post a daily listing of the events with times, description and room location. I realize that a custom report can be created that pulls this data but not without many extra steps (including formatting) to make it presentable for posting. This is a daily activity. There should be an easier way.

The "Daily Plan View" in the calendar view does show the rooms being used but not in a format that could be printed for this use.

Besides the "Daily Plan View", none of the calendar views show the room names either. They only show time and event name.

How about adding the ability to choose fields for the "Events Schedule" or adding an additional default calendar that shows date as a header, time of event, event name, event description, room location. We can't be the only church that uses information in this way...

Rooms matter,
Bob

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

I'll submit that as a suggestion.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

djchisholm

... to take this a step further

Post by djchisholm »

PC v10
Windows XP MR 4/3/08

We have been enjoying the new functionality of the Events module. We like the information as it is displayed in PowerChurch TODAY. We have been using it daily to post information for members use. They enjoy being reminded who's birthday is is and the facility schedule. Would it be possible to include the Room location on the EVENTS list? This is an easy to read report especially when printed in color.

Thanks for your consideration,

Duncan Chisholm
Hopewell Reformed Church

golfkng

Events - Room Number

Post by golfkng »

We are a user of powerchurch 10 and I agree in their next release it would be great if you could tie the event to a room - would help our scheduling greatly. I see that it's been submitted as a suggestion and I hope that they really put an emphasis on adding this.

Thanks
Wally
Brentview Baptist

adrake01

Post by adrake01 »

I agree. We have to put the room number on with the event name in order to get it on the calendar. We are also finding it a little hard finding a report to give to our custodians that list the event, room number and description. Alot of times we put the room set up on the description portion because frankly the other set up screens seem cumbersome.

FPCWilliamsburg

This Discussion Answered My Question

Post by FPCWilliamsburg »

I was going to ask if there is a way to print events with the room in which they are taking place but it looks like the answer is no.

Lynda

NeilZ

Re: This Discussion Answered My Question

Post by NeilZ »

ranchmom wrote:I was going to ask if there is a way to print events with the room in which they are taking place but it looks like the answer is no.

Lynda
FWIW ... mentioning that something is needed usually makes the staff look at the feasibility of creating that something for a maintenance release, or adding it to the wishlist for the next version.

I've seen your request before, so I suspect its on the radar.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FPCWilliamsburg

That's great. Do you happen to know if there is a "hard way" to do it now?
We really could use this feature.

Lynda

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ranchmom wrote:That's great. Do you happen to know if there is a "hard way" to do it now?
We really could use this feature.

Lynda
I would suspect that if you look at the Custom Report feature under Events, you may be able to do what you want to do.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FPCWilliamsburg

Thanks, I will give that a look. :)

Lynda

FPCWilliamsburg

Responding to my own post:

I was able to print out a schedule with events listed by date, event type, and the room in which the event is taking place. It's not in calendar format, but it does give the basic information which is what we need. What I did was go to:

Events
Reports
Events Schedule
Made sure check marks are on all events, and all rooms and typed in the date range, then ran the report. It printed out everything for the month for me, which I can then post for people to see.

Lynda

jstark

Events With Rooms Displayed

Post by jstark »

We would not be excited about a calendar if it defaulted to displaying events with room numbers. We frequently have events posted with multiple rooms so a calendar like that would get pretty messy in a hurry. We use the "Room Set-up Schedule to see a list of events with the associated rooms listed. We do however need an option to change a room on a extended event without being forced to go into each individual occurrence of that event. I'll send that in as a "Wish List" item. God Bless