I can't delete an Equip Inv record that's in an event

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

I can't delete an Equip Inv record that's in an event

Post by John Dykema »

I can't delete an Equip Inv record that's in an event. I entered a Test item in Equipment Inventory reocrds. I then went to Events to test connecting the test item in an event. That was a couple months ago. Way out of my memory. Now when I try to delete the Equipment Test record and it says
"Can't delete item for the following reasons:
This equipment is scheduled in an event"
For the life of me can I find the event that this Equipment is scheduled in. Does anyone know how I can find that event? It would be great if the error msg would at least give a date of the event or something.
Please advise. Thanks.
We are using PC+ v.11 with the latest upgrades, Win XP Pro, and 5 networked pc's.
We have 569 communicant and baptized members.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Scrolling backward through the monthly view of the Events Calendar will get you there, or better yet, run a report from the Reports - Events menu for an older date range.

If you know you don't have any actual events entered in, you can also use the Delete Old Data option.

jmichell

Re: I can't delete an Equip Inv record that's in an event

Post by jmichell »

In release 11.5 (and perhaps earlier) when you run the Events Schedule report, you can run a report for All dates, and use the Equipment tab to select the particular piece of equipment you are interested in. Works like a charm.
John Michell
Unitarian Church of Calgary

John Dykema

Re: I can't delete an Equip Inv record that's in an event

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks much John.