Maintain Equipment Inventory

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

carpy01

Maintain Equipment Inventory

Post by carpy01 »

08/23/23
The church installed card readers on the doors. Member need a code card to come in certain doors
I have been asked the enter all these cards information into Power Church by member's name.
I think the only way to do this in PCP 14 is to use the Maintain Equipment Inventory Form. However I need to change the field names and to add more fields.

Can I do this?

Is there a way I can create a form and table from scratch?

Thank you for your help.
Dave Carpenter

NeilZ

Re: Maintain Equipment Inventory

Post by NeilZ »

carpy01 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:50 pm
08/23/23
The church installed card readers on the doors. Member need a code card to come in certain doors
I have been asked the enter all these cards information into Power Church by member's name.
I think the only way to do this in PCP 14 is to use the Maintain Equipment Inventory Form. However I need to change the field names and to add more fields.

Can I do this?

Is there a way I can create a form and table from scratch?

Thank you for your help.
Dave Carpenter
It actually easier to use one of the NOTES fields on the Personal Profile if you have one available. In this manner you can easily assign the card to the person without having to try to tie it to them anywhere else.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

carpy01

Post by carpy01 »

08/24/23.
Neil thanks for responding.
There are only 5 notes fields in Person. Profile. I have already used all of them.
The member who asked for this addition, needs 4 fields = card number, card code, date issued and date replaced.
He also needs names, addresses, phone and email which I can get from linking to the ME and MA tables with a query.
I have already written the program in ACCESS. How ever since we paid for Power Church I'd like to only have one program
for people to learned how to use.
Is there a way to change field names in the Maintains Equipment Inventory?
I guess I could use the Spec. Needs fields there are 5. However I've used a couple for members already.
I'm afraid PPC 14 can't help me here.
It would be nice if the program could be modified at my end.
Thanks
Dave Carpenter.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

carpy01 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:37 pm
08/24/23.
Neil thanks for responding.
There are only 5 notes fields in Person. Profile. I have already used all of them.
The member who asked for this addition, needs 4 fields = card number, card code, date issued and date replaced.
He also needs names, addresses, phone and email which I can get from linking to the ME and MA tables with a query.
I have already written the program in ACCESS. How ever since we paid for Power Church I'd like to only have one program
for people to learned how to use.
Is there a way to change field names in the Maintains Equipment Inventory?
I guess I could use the Spec. Needs fields there are 5. However I've used a couple for members already.
I'm afraid PPC 14 can't help me here.
It would be nice if the program could be modified at my end.
Thanks
Dave Carpenter.
Always a good idea to write up what you'd like to see in the program and send it to wishlist@powerchurch.com.
Include how it would save time, and how it would benefit congregations other than yours.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.