Problems With Backup Utility

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Bev Brown

Problems With Backup Utility

Post by Bev Brown »

I'm a fairly new user to PCPlus and until recently was performing any backups to a floppy. Now that my data is all entered and we're using the DB regularly, I've started using CDs to back up data. My problem is that I can perform several backups on a CD, i.e., Acctg, cont, member, etc.... or I may want to backup my unposted records temporarily.....then around the fourth or fifth backup, the backup is perfomed and all my previous backups disappear and I only have the latest backup left. I am using an CD-R. Each time PCPlus backs up, it gives me a message that it's closing track, closing session. I've tried this on several CDs but that didn't matter, and the CDs have plenty of room left on them. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem and why I cannot get to my previous files? Thank you so much.

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

A few things to consider. It is recommended to not use the CD's with any other burning program. If you make backups with PowerChurch then use just that CD. Don't format the CD. Sometimes program like adaptec/roxio direct CD will try and format the CD as soon as you put the disc in the computer, don't do it, that won't work with PowerChurch.

Those are really the main considerations because when you write a CD with PowerChurch is is writing that to the disc, unerasable unless you are using some other program like Direct CD.

Get a blank, brand new CD right out of the box. put it in your drive, if something comes up trying to do something with the CD tell it not to do anything. then make your backup with PowerChurch, should work just fine.

There is no functionality in PowerChurch to erase a disc, even if the disc is RW.