PC V9 Backup Utility Won't Recognize CD-RW

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pudgyswede

PC V9 Backup Utility Won't Recognize CD-RW

Post by pudgyswede »

For the past year I have successfully used a CD-RW disc to backup and restore our data in PowerChurch Ver. 9. Two weeks ago I started getting a message saying that the backup can not be completed because the disc is not writable. It is exactly the same disc I have used for months.

Never willing to say die -- I then used the backup utility in PC to back up to our server. I was then able to copy the backup file from the server to the exact same CD-RW which PowerChurch declared not writeable directly. I was further able to take that disc to my home computer and restore the data using the PowerChurch restore utility on that PC Ver 9 installation. Any idea what may account for this somewhat bizzare problem?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

NeilZ

Re: PC V9 Backup Utility Won't Recognize CD-RW

Post by NeilZ »

pudgyswede wrote:For the past year I have successfully used a CD-RW disc to backup and restore our data in PowerChurch Ver. 9. Two weeks ago I started getting a message saying that the backup can not be completed because the disc is not writable. It is exactly the same disc I have used for months.

Never willing to say die -- I then used the backup utility in PC to back up to our server. I was then able to copy the backup file from the server to the exact same CD-RW which PowerChurch declared not writeable directly. I was further able to take that disc to my home computer and restore the data using the PowerChurch restore utility on that PC Ver 9 installation. Any idea what may account for this somewhat bizzare problem?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Has anything changed on the computer you're trying to backup ??

Also, here is the Knowledge Base article on backup problems to a CD:
http://www.powerchurch.com/support/answ ... ticle_id=1

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.