Restarting accounting

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

cucc

Restarting accounting

Post by cucc »

I am temporary treasurer of a very small church.
PC10 was installed in 2007 and there are problems caused by us.
We considered starting from scratch on a separate computer (we are not networked), however we do not want to re-enter the chart of accounts, vendor files, or membership files. We would like balances to be zero. We would like no accounting transactions. We would re-enter
January and February invoices, checks, etc., closing and balancing after
each of these two months. Right now everything goes into August 2007.
I was told that a restore might have been accidently done, months not closed, etc. Is is possible to clear all transactions and keep the chart of accts, vendor file, and membership file. I believe per the documention, that this is possible, but all months need to be closed. I'm pretty sure we've NEVER closed a month, but I can't be sure..
REAL NEW AT THIS

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is a Delete Old Data option under the Fund Accounting menu. As you stated, the months will have to be closed before the posted transactions can be deleted.

To do this, go to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Close Month.

Close each of the months that have transactions posted into them.

Then go to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Delete Old Data. When prompted to delete all transactions PRIOR TO: month, choose the most recent month that does not have any transactions posted to it...

Example: if you have trans history from June 2007 through February 2008, close all months including February 2008. Then choose to delete posted transactions PRIOR TO March 2008.

When the software recognizes that you have deleted ALL of your posted transactions history, it will ask if you want to restart accounting, will give the option to reset all balances to 0, and ask what accounting month you would like to start with.