Event Occurrences (Quaterly or Custom)

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jlallo

Event Occurrences (Quaterly or Custom)

Post by jlallo »

As the new Treasurer or our church, I had never investigated the Events calendar until this morning. Last week, I missed a recurring payment that is made out of a coupon book (no monthly statement or invoice received). I was looking for a way to be “reminded” of future payment due dates. I stumbled onto the calendar and, the User Setup option to display the Task list on start up of PowerChurch. Now I feel comfortable that I will be reminded of these important events.

Some of these payments are repeated on a Quarterly basis (not daily, weekly or monthly). An example would be out Federal 941 report or State Withholding payment. I would be nice to have a Quarterly option for events like this. As it is right now, I am forced to manually recreate each event from scratch. Additionally, at work, I use a calendar system (Lotus Notes) that allows for “Custom” recurrences. Basically, it allows you to set up the event and tell the system which dates to repeat the event on.

Is this something you would consider for future releases?

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

You can enter a quarterly event with the calendar. When you select a monthly event you have a choice on that screen to select the number of months between repeats.
Tom

jlallo

Thanks

Post by jlallo »

Thank you very much - I did not catch that option.