Upgrading from V9 to V10 - Does V9 database import to V10

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wandkett

Upgrading from V9 to V10 - Does V9 database import to V10

Post by wandkett »

I need to upgrade from V9 to V10. I am looking to preserve the database for V9 and have it put into V10. While running setup, will V10 recognize the V9 database and import it into it's own? I have tried and did not have any success. What is the easiest way to get the V9 Data into V10. Also, can I merge a backup of V10 into the database after the V9 Data is in V10.

Thanks...

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

When you install V10 it will look for an older version and import all the data from the version you select - if you have more than one version currently installed. It will not remove the data from the older version so your V9 will remain in tact.
Tom

wandkett

Post by wandkett »

i tried to do a backup from ver 9 to 10; message came back saying that:

this backup contains files from ver 9 and cannot be restored to this verison fo PowerChurch plus. Please help. i have jan 08 in ver 9 & feb march in ver 10. Plus all the history for our members is in 10.

wanda

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wandkett wrote:i tried to do a backup from ver 9 to 10; message came back saying that:

this backup contains files from ver 9 and cannot be restored to this verison fo PowerChurch plus. Please help. i have jan 08 in ver 9 & feb march in ver 10. Plus all the history for our members is in 10.

wanda
Once you upgrade to Version 10, backups made from version 9 can no longer work as there are database changes and the old files do not have those changes.

Please explain what you're trying to restore, and maybe we can assist you with a way to get it done.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.