Unable to install maintenance release

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dcc

Unable to install maintenance release

Post by dcc »

I'm trying to install Maintenance Release 12/07 on a Dell laptop running Version 9. When I click on the Release, I get this error:

pcp9mr.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Do you have any idea what may be happening? The same Release was just installed on one of our church's computers, so I know the Release is not corrupt.

Thank you,
Myra Z.
Myra Z

NeilZ

Re: Unable to install maintenance release

Post by NeilZ »

dcc wrote:I'm trying to install Maintenance Release 12/07 on a Dell laptop running Version 9. When I click on the Release, I get this error:

pcp9mr.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Do you have any idea what may be happening? The same Release was just installed on one of our church's computers, so I know the Release is not corrupt.

Thank you,
Myra Z.
Did you download the MR to this computer, or did you copy it and bring it over to the other machine? it could be that the copy or the download is corrupt. Have you tried redownloading the maintenance release direclty to this laptop??

FWIW .. what version of Windows are you running ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dcc

Post by dcc »

Neil,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

The MR was copied onto a CD by our Treasurer who works at home on a stand alone. The CD was loaded onto our file server last week here at the church where the program resides. It is networked onto three computers.
The CD worked fine on our stand alone (running XP) and my computer was updated from the program on the file server.

Our assistant treasurer wanted the MR loaded onto his lap op. That's when I got the Error message. The Assistant Treasurer's laptop is also running XP.

Myra Z.
Myra Z

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dcc wrote:Neil,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

The MR was copied onto a CD by our Treasurer who works at home on a stand alone. The CD was loaded onto our file server last week here at the church where the program resides. It is networked onto three computers.
The CD worked fine on our stand alone (running XP) and my computer was updated from the program on the file server.

Our assistant treasurer wanted the MR loaded onto his lap op. That's when I got the Error message. The Assistant Treasurer's laptop is also running XP.

Myra Z.
I'd either download a fresh copy directly to the Laptop, or create a new CD, then test it by running the program. I believe the update program detects if the change has already been installed and will notify you to close the program.

If the program run directly from the server works, then I suspect a bad copy to CD.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dcc

Maintenance Release

Post by dcc »

Thank you again and I'll give it a try!
Myra Z