Record Keeping

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Donna Blake

Record Keeping

Post by Donna Blake »

I was posting inventory in Maintain Equipment and the program posted a quantity without a description. I cannot find a way to delete this quantity.
It does not show when I scroll through the list in Maintain Equipment Inventory. The program will let me run reports in All Equipment in Room Sequence and All Equipment in Category Sequence and the quantity shows on these reports. If I try to run reports in Selected Equipment by rooms it tells me that no records have been selected and if I try by categories it gives me the following message: Program EQPRNS, Line 87, Error 1581, message field DESC does not accept null values. HELP
chlady

NeilZ

Re: Record Keeping

Post by NeilZ »

Donna Blake wrote:I was posting inventory in Maintain Equipment and the program posted a quantity without a description. I cannot find a way to delete this quantity.
It does not show when I scroll through the list in Maintain Equipment Inventory. The program will let me run reports in All Equipment in Room Sequence and All Equipment in Category Sequence and the quantity shows on these reports. If I try to run reports in Selected Equipment by rooms it tells me that no records have been selected and if I try by categories it gives me the following message: Program EQPRNS, Line 87, Error 1581, message field DESC does not accept null values. HELP
Sounds like a call to the Powerchurch office is in order. I suspect the only way to delete this record is going to be through the Database Manager utilitiy, which can be very tricky for those without knowledge of database languages.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Apparently this type of "blank" record was possible in an early release of version 10, but has since been fixed through Maintenance Release. Downloading and installing the MR will keep it from happening in the future, but as Neil said, you will have to give us a quick call at (800) 486-1800 and someone here can help you get it deleted.