Powerchurch to Google Calendar

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kpm547

Powerchurch to Google Calendar

Post by kpm547 »

Has anyone written something to take the Powerchurch event calendar and make it available for use by Google Calendar? I would like to be able to have one calendar for the church instead of two, one for the website and one for the office.

NeilZ

Re: Powerchurch to Google Calendar

Post by NeilZ »

kpm547 wrote:Has anyone written something to take the Powerchurch event calendar and make it available for use by Google Calendar? I would like to be able to have one calendar for the church instead of two, one for the website and one for the office.
Currently, the only way to export the calendar is through an HTML file. That said, it only exports the calendar showing the event and time, not the individual event's location, decscription, etc.

Now this would be a good item for the wish list, and I'm guessing that someone from the Powerchurch staff will take a note of this request.

BTW .. here's more info on the import requirements for the Google Calendar's CSV file:
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/ ... swer=45656
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kpm547

Post by kpm547 »

Thanks for the reply. I think I will investigate writing some code to read the PC database and pull the necessary info out into a format that will work with Google Calendar. If I ever get something to work, I will post it for all to use.

ewick86

Google Calendar

Post by ewick86 »

Hey,
Did you ever get a way to do this? I would love to be able to do the same thing, syncing the powerchurch calendar with google calendar.

Let me know if you found something.

kpm547

Post by kpm547 »

No I haven't been able to work on this yet. Maybe in the next couple of months.

njKeever

Post by njKeever »

Any update on this? This should be a high priority for the PowerChurch team as web presence is so important these days, and most CMS support google calendar sync.
First Church of the Nazarene
Mustang, OK 73064

kpm547

Post by kpm547 »

I have not had any time to work on this. I agree that Powerchurch should work on this. I can't see that it should be too hard to do. But I'm not that great of a programmer and I don't have the time to look after it.

Can Powerchurch comment on this?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kpm547 wrote:I have not had any time to work on this. I agree that Powerchurch should work on this. I can't see that it should be too hard to do. But I'm not that great of a programmer and I don't have the time to look after it.

Can Powerchurch comment on this?
FWIW ... I suspect this would be a good addition to the wishlist for version 11, along with an import feature from Google Calendar.

The CSV format for Google Calendar import is listed here:
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/ ... swer=45656

They also use the iCalendar format for both import and export, that format is here: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/ ... swer=45656
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.