Restoring file fm Prior saved files

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

john30brown

Restoring file fm Prior saved files

Post by john30brown »

PCS Vers 10 WindowsXP computer... Downloaded last Release Date 07/07/2008 into my computer and seems to have no problems until I wanted to go back to Restore a file saved at end of June. When initiating the Restore of files, I was not given the opportunity to select the previous Saved file. Prior to this Release I was able to select the desired file fm the list of files saved on my Flash Drive (G). This time it automatically restored the last file that I had saved and not given the opportunity to select the one that I wanted to restore. YOur assistance is desired?

NeilZ

Re: Restoring file fm Prior saved files

Post by NeilZ »

john30brown wrote:PCS Vers 10 WindowsXP computer... Downloaded last Release Date 07/07/2008 into my computer and seems to have no problems until I wanted to go back to Restore a file saved at end of June. When initiating the Restore of files, I was not given the opportunity to select the previous Saved file. Prior to this Release I was able to select the desired file fm the list of files saved on my Flash Drive (G). This time it automatically restored the last file that I had saved and not given the opportunity to select the one that I wanted to restore. YOur assistance is desired?
I just checked this on my test copy with the upgrade, when using both a networked and flash drive and cannot duplicate this problem. I also verified that the program will not automatically restore if only one file is found, it will first ask if you want to restore all files, or do a partial restore before it does anything.

I'd try the same test if you could with a new flash drive, or a local folder. Copy two backup file to a different folder and then to a different flash drive. Try restoring from the folder first, to see if you get the file list, then delete one backup file, to see if you go directly to the all or partial option screen.

Then do the same with the flash drive, and let the forum know what happened.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

john30brown

Post by john30brown »

Thanks Neil.. I tried as you suggested and was able to save files to both my flash dirve and to Directory on hard drive two separate times. After these saves, I was then able to go to either place and see a list of those two files and could restore fm them.. BUT on the Flash drive where all of my previous files are located, I did not see them listed wherein I could restore any of them,,

I even went and downloaded this Revision again with no change in results.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Are you able to verify through My Computer that there are multiple PowerChurch Plus backups on the flash drive?

The behavior you are seeing happens when we only find one backup at the location you choose.

Also important to note, if the files on the flash drive have recently been organized into folders (May backups, June backups, July backups, etc) we will not find them if you choose G:\ from the list of drive letters. You would have to choose "Folder" to be able to drill down through subfolders on the flash drive. The G:\ location refers to only the root of G:.

john30brown

Post by john30brown »

Zorak, Thanks for your response to my Question

To answer your questions posed.
Yes I can verify that my flash drive contains individual files (none in folders). These files are individual End-Of-Month files from Aug 07 thru June 08 plus some July files.

Prior to this release, when I went to restore one of the previous saved files on my flash drive, I was able to see all of the E-O-M files and could choose which one that I wished to restore.

I backed up the system and then tried to restore the file and the system informed me that there were no files available. After I backed up the system the second time and had two new files saved, I was able to choose from the two (on my flash drive) to restore (with none of the other files listed or available).

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

What was not mentioned previously, and was mentioned to me in a separate email, was that the files are being renamed from the default, to something else.

If someone wanted to do this, what would the requirements be ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.