How can you track multiple files with Sermon Filer?

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Dave M

How can you track multiple files with Sermon Filer?

Post by Dave M »

I using Power Church 10 on new Windows Vista machine.

I want to use Sermon Filer to track multiple files for each sermon. We presently have a Power Point file and a pdf file (scanned copy of Pastor hand written notes) and the near future an audio file of the actual sermon as it was preached.

It appears you can only link one file to an individual sermon and must be a file not a folder (with multiple files in it); am I correct?

Is anyone presently doing this, if so how are you handling this problem?

Any ideas anyone?

Dave M
Shenandoah Baptist Church

NeilZ

Re: How can you track multiple files with Sermon Filer?

Post by NeilZ »

Dave M wrote:I using Power Church 10 on new Windows Vista machine.

I want to use Sermon Filer to track multiple files for each sermon. We presently have a Power Point file and a pdf file (scanned copy of Pastor hand written notes) and the near future an audio file of the actual sermon as it was preached.

It appears you can only link one file to an individual sermon and must be a file not a folder (with multiple files in it); am I correct?

Is anyone presently doing this, if so how are you handling this problem?

Any ideas anyone?

Dave M
Shenandoah Baptist Church
There is no easy way to do this, other than creating a text file with the names of the files in it, and attaching that file to the Powerchurch record.

Now that churches are maintaining sermons in many 'soft copy' forms, it may not be a bad idea to have additional file locations added to this area. Another great idea to add to the Wish List
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.