Backup on server cd

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

harveydutkewich

Backup on server cd

Post by harveydutkewich »

We have a server - 2003 windows - and I have upgraded our POwer Church Plus to the 10.4 version. On my standalone, the program hunts for cd drive for backup. On the server, it only gives me the option of A (floppy) or folder. I cannot backup up to a disk. It will restore from a disk but not save. It will back up to a usb storage card as well and restore from it. Any ideas what?

NeilZ

Re: Backup on server cd

Post by NeilZ »

harveydutkewich wrote:We have a server - 2003 windows - and I have upgraded our POwer Church Plus to the 10.4 version. On my standalone, the program hunts for cd drive for backup. On the server, it only gives me the option of A (floppy) or folder. I cannot backup up to a disk. It will restore from a disk but not save. It will back up to a usb storage card as well and restore from it. Any ideas what?
Does Windows (or other software) recognize the drive as a CD-RW drive ?? If so, what user permissions are setup on the drive?

If I remember right, in Windows server you can give user permissions on a CD drive so that people cannot write to it, only use it for reads.

In the meantime, I'd go to a client machine and backup to CD from there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.