Cannot map a network drive

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ERUMC

Re: Cannot map a network drive

Post by ERUMC »

After a long hiatus from my networking issue, I've come up with a solution specifically for Norton Internet Security 2009 (NIS) users. NeilZ mentioned earlier "turning off network scanning". What that translated to in NIS was "Trust". If you view your Netowork Security Map, change the radio button from "Shared" to Trusted" for all the computers you are networking PCP on. It worked! Thanks NeilZ!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ERUMC wrote:After a long hiatus from my networking issue, I've come up with a solution specifically for Norton Internet Security 2009 (NIS) users. NeilZ mentioned earlier "turning off network scanning". What that translated to in NIS was "Trust". If you view your Netowork Security Map, change the radio button from "Shared" to Trusted" for all the computers you are networking PCP on. It worked! Thanks NeilZ!
Yes, when we updated Norton at church, I found out that this needed to be done. Good job!!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ERUMC

Post by ERUMC »

Okay, since you have Norton also, did you need to create exceptions to .cdx, .dfg and .fpt file types. If so, how did you do it, I can't figure it out. I'm still fighting a invalid seek offset error (I'm replacing the cable this week), but want to make sure I have Norton configured as good as possible.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ERUMC wrote:Okay, since you have Norton also, did you need to create exceptions to .cdx, .dfg and .fpt file types. If so, how did you do it, I can't figure it out. I'm still fighting a invalid seek offset error (I'm replacing the cable this week), but want to make sure I have Norton configured as good as possible.

Thanks!
I didn't create any file exceptions at all.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

ERUMC wrote:create exceptions to .cdx, .dfg and .fpt file types.
Just for clarification, if you need to create file exceptions for PowerChurch Plus, they should be CDX, DBF, FPT, and PCA file extensions.