Bring back deleted Profiles and Contributions

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lorita

Bring back deleted Profiles and Contributions

Post by lorita »

My fingers were too quick and I deleted an entire family profile and contributions for the last 8 years. I was doing a cleaning of my files and beenig working all day.The last time I backed up was a week ago. Can what I did today be retriveved from a automatic back up or temporary file? it did warn me but was multi tasking and was distracted. PLEASE HELP!!!
loria

NeilZ

Re: Bring back deleted Profiles and Contributions

Post by NeilZ »

loria wrote:My fingers were too quick and I deleted an entire family profile and contributions for the last 8 years. I was doing a cleaning of my files and beenig working all day.The last time I backed up was a week ago. Can what I did today be retriveved from a automatic back up or temporary file? it did warn me but was multi tasking and was distracted. PLEASE HELP!!!
Unfortunately, the only way to restore this data is to use the last backup. Once the data has been deleted, it is gone. This is why the warning message is displayed. There are no temporary file that is saved in the database, everything is updated real-time.

That said, if you have a system backup from the night before that includes the entire Powerchurch directory, you can restore from that. If you only do incremental backups, with a full backup at the beginning of the week, you'll probably have to start with the full backup and restore the Powerchurch directory, then restore the incremental backups up to the night previous to your deletion. With this procedure, you'll lose all the current day's work, but you'll restore the data you deleted.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.