Runtime Files

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jimaharri

Runtime Files

Post by jimaharri »

Using 10.4 with latest maint release. Computers are networked to a server. When sending an e-mail from two of our computers we get a message as follows: "Power Church needs to install update runtime files. Computer Administrator rights are required. Check OK to continue or cancel to exit without installing." When the operator (w/o admin rights) clicks OK, he gets message "system updating, please wait, this is a one time process". Then the computer freezes.
Is this something that I, as Administrator need to do periodically? I cannot find anything that gives me guidance in Help or the Manual. Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: Runtime Files

Post by NeilZ »

jimaharri wrote:Using 10.4 with latest maint release. Computers are networked to a server. When sending an e-mail from two of our computers we get a message as follows: "Power Church needs to install update runtime files. Computer Administrator rights are required. Check OK to continue or cancel to exit without installing." When the operator (w/o admin rights) clicks OK, he gets message "system updating, please wait, this is a one time process". Then the computer freezes.
Is this something that I, as Administrator need to do periodically? I cannot find anything that gives me guidance in Help or the Manual. Thank you.
This is a one-time update that is done at the 'client' machines whenever there's a Maintenance Release. Once this is done, it does not need to be performed again until the next MR.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.