Network Install

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

zoominbc

Network Install

Post by zoominbc »

I am brand new to Powerchurch and want to see if is possible to use a linux server as a central storage for PC+ data files. From the little reading I have done so far, one PC is the server and needs to share it's working folder over the network. Is it possible to install to a network drive and share the files across the network? I suspect this will not work and that the 'server PC' needs to be powered on for the other PC's to be able to access the files. Has anyone tried an installation like this?

NeilZ

Re: Network Install

Post by NeilZ »

zoominbc wrote:I am brand new to Powerchurch and want to see if is possible to use a linux server as a central storage for PC+ data files. From the little reading I have done so far, one PC is the server and needs to share it's working folder over the network. Is it possible to install to a network drive and share the files across the network? I suspect this will not work and that the 'server PC' needs to be powered on for the other PC's to be able to access the files. Has anyone tried an installation like this?
This has been done, check this thread for info:

http://www.powerchurch.com/forum/viewto ... ile+server
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

zoominbc

Re: Network Install

Post by zoominbc »

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.