Restore from backup

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dwskelton

Restore from backup

Post by dwskelton »

I'm on version 8 and my computer crashed, I lost everything. I re-installed power church. I have a back up on a match stick drive. I'm trying to restore but PC doesn't recognize the backup file. It says there isn't a backup file. The drive is F: on my computer and PC has the F: as an option. Any ideas?

NeilZ

Re: Restore from backup

Post by NeilZ »

dwskelton wrote:I'm on version 8 and my computer crashed, I lost everything. I re-installed power church. I have a back up on a match stick drive. I'm trying to restore but PC doesn't recognize the backup file. It says there isn't a backup file. The drive is F: on my computer and PC has the F: as an option. Any ideas?
Is the backup on the drive a Powerchurch backup ??

If so, did you rename the file to something other than what PC+ uses as a name ??

FWIW ... you may want to start thinking about upgrading PC+ to version 10.5. I don't believe that any version prior to version 9 is actively being supported.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dwskelton

Post by dwskelton »

yes the back up is from PowerChurch. It's PCBACKUP_20090606_0959ADP.ZIP.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Does the Restore process show F: or .F. in the drop down list?

.F. = False, meaning no valid backup drives were found.

I would be surprised if version 8 recognizes a flash drive as a valid backup location. That was before we added CD drives to the list, even.

In a worst case scenario, you could just extract the backup files into the PCPLUS8 program directory. You will recognize the folder structure inside that of the zip file matches that in the PCPLUS8 directory.

dwskelton

Post by dwskelton »

Thanks! I'm not at the Power Church computer but I will try it later and post my results.

Appreciate the help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak,

Nice catch ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.