Conversion

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CoveBaptist

Conversion

Post by CoveBaptist »

We closed our church year in August; got a new computer and upgraded to Version 10. I created a back-up in 8.5. When I installed 10, it asked if another version was installed - which it was not on the new computer. Then when I tried to restore, I got the message that the files could not be converted. So I uninstalled 10; installed 8.5 and was going to re-install 10 to see if it would find the old files when it asked the question about a previous version. This time it did not ask if another version was installed - just ran the installation. Was this a one item question? Is there anything I can do now to convert the old data into the new program at this point?

tborgal

Re: Conversion

Post by tborgal »

Delete the entire V10 folder then reinstall. It should ask for previous versions then.
You can not restore data from previous versions into newer versions because the data structure is different with each version. The data must be converted when the new version is installed.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:Delete the entire V10 folder then reinstall. It should ask for previous versions then.
You can not restore data from previous versions into newer versions because the data structure is different with each version. The data must be converted when the new version is installed.
There is an easier way than deleting the entire PCPLUS10 folder. Open the PCPLUS 10 folder, and delete the DATA folder. Then startup Powerchurch, the system will then restart the setup process and ask you about data conversion.

Cheers
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Dah!!! I new that.
Tom

CoveBaptist

Post by CoveBaptist »

Thank you so much!