Deleted Profiles

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PCPCKW

Deleted Profiles

Post by PCPCKW »

In an effort to "clean" our membership Profiles database, some profiles and Mailing List entries were deleted. Unfortunatel, I was not aware of it for a few weeks until I tried to make a contribution entry. Once I realized what had happened, I re-created the profiles and appropriate envelpoe numbers from a printed copy, but the contributions assigned earlier this year do not show up. The book indicates they went to number 99999, but I can't get that number to show up in reports. Is there a way to get those contributions back to the appropriate profile/envelope numbers?

NeilZ

Re: Deleted Profiles

Post by NeilZ »

PCPCKW wrote:In an effort to "clean" our membership Profiles database, some profiles and Mailing List entries were deleted. Unfortunatel, I was not aware of it for a few weeks until I tried to make a contribution entry. Once I realized what had happened, I re-created the profiles and appropriate envelpoe numbers from a printed copy, but the contributions assigned earlier this year do not show up. The book indicates they went to number 99999, but I can't get that number to show up in reports. Is there a way to get those contributions back to the appropriate profile/envelope numbers?
In a word, no. Once the profiles have been deleted, those contributions cannot be recovered from the 99999 envelope number.

However, there is a way to find out what these contributions are, and enter them into the contributions module. This should be done only when there are no other people working on the system, and after all current contributions have been posted to the Contributions Module and Funds Accounting.

1. Make a backup of your current database.
2. Find a backup of the database that is just before the deletions and restore that to the system.
3. Prepare full detail contribution reports on all the people that were deleted and print that out.
4. Restore the database from the backup you made in step 1
5. Enter the data from the reports made in step 3. You can use the dates as listed on the reports.
6. Post these entries to the Contributions Module only.

This will provide valid contribution reports for the people in question. However, it may (actually, I think it WILL) throw off your Contribution Fund totals for the year, as these contributions will be entered twice for those contribution funds.

If you need to correct those totals, you should contact Powerchurch Tech Support for assistance.

Lastly, I would definitely remove deletion permissions from anyone who is deleting people from the system without verifying it with other areas of the church.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

PCPCKW

Post by PCPCKW »

Neil -

This was a GREAT suggestion. Worked like a champ. Appreciate the feedback.

Dave

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

PCPCKW wrote:Neil -

This was a GREAT suggestion. Worked like a champ. Appreciate the feedback.

Dave
Not a problem, glad to be of assistance.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.