Restore from Windows Backup

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rlpconsult

Restore from Windows Backup

Post by rlpconsult »

We had an users in our church to delete some contribution files by accident. All of our backups are done via windows vista backup. We need to restore the files. When I go to the software and try to restore in there -it does not see the backup.

Does anybody know how I can fix this asap

NeilZ

Re: Restore from Windows Backup

Post by NeilZ »

rlpconsult wrote:We had an users in our church to delete some contribution files by accident. All of our backups are done via windows vista backup. We need to restore the files. When I go to the software and try to restore in there -it does not see the backup.

Does anybody know how I can fix this asap
If your system is setup to backup the Powerchurch directory, then you should be able to restore the files using Vista backup. Hopefully you have a complete backup of the directory, which is probably the best way to restore the files to insure that you have all the proper files restored.

That said, its is also recommended that you do a Powerchurch backup on a regular basis (at least weekly) to insure that you have the data files safely stored for just such an emergency as this. It doesn't take long to do, and its a good idea to have a backup kept off site for catastrophic restores.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.