Batch Update for Duplicate Rooms, etc

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rporter1952

Batch Update for Duplicate Rooms, etc

Post by rporter1952 »

When our equipment data was entered in a prior version of Powerchurch, multiple names were
given for some rooms. Now that these rooms are managed in Events, I would like to update these
room names and apply them to all instances of the room used in the equipment catalog. The mis-matched
names were ok before their use in the Event manager, now they are not.

I would also like to be able to merge multiple items of the same type custom code used in the Equipment
manager. One example of custom code that I would like to merge is that one place "Audio, Video"
is used and another place "Audio-Video" is used.

In general, this type of batch feature would be useful for all record keeping utilities. 8)

-FBCOH User :wink:
"We who have believed enter that rest..." Heb 4:3

NeilZ

Re: Batch Update for Duplicate Rooms, etc

Post by NeilZ »

rporter1952 wrote:When our equipment data was entered in a prior version of Powerchurch, multiple names were
given for some rooms. Now that these rooms are managed in Events, I would like to update these
room names and apply them to all instances of the room used in the equipment catalog. The mis-matched
names were ok before their use in the Event manager, now they are not.

I would also like to be able to merge multiple items of the same type custom code used in the Equipment
manager. One example of custom code that I would like to merge is that one place "Audio, Video"
is used and another place "Audio-Video" is used.

In general, this type of batch feature would be useful for all record keeping utilities. 8)

-FBCOH User :wink:
All you have to do to change the name is go into the Event Module's Maintain Room function. Change the name of the room there, and the name of the room will change in Events and in the Equipment Inventory.

As far as the merge of codes that is also easy.

In the Maintain Custom Code function of the Equipment Inventory
1. Make sure you have the replacement code ready. IE: If you're going to move everything from Audio, Video to Audio/Video make sure that new code has been added.

2. Select the code you want to delete by highlighting it, then click on the delete button. You should get a dialog that says:
The Code ------ is in use. You can select a different code to replace ------- or select <None> to remove the ------ code from existing records
3. Select the new code you want to use from the drop down list. The new code will now be assigned.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.