pcgsync hangs

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jmichell

pcgsync hangs

Post by jmichell »

I'm having problems getting the events calendar to sync to the church's Google calendar, using Events, Sync events with Google Calendar.
The dialog opens, the first three items are checked and then the program hangs. Sometimes the progress bar is empty when the hang occurs, sometimes it is about half full.
The event log shows an application hang in module pcgsync11.exe
"Hanging application pcgsync11.exe, version 11.2010.250.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000."
I'm running Windows Small Business Server 2003, and PCPlus 11 with the Jan 25 2010 maintenance release installed.
Any suggestions about what to do?
Thanks.
John
John Michell
Unitarian Church of Calgary

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: pcgsync hangs

Post by Tracy »

This process goes through the events in PowerChurch and the events and calendars in the Google Calendar. It can take some time if you have a number of events.
Does the OS stop the process, or are you expecting it to work faster than it might be?
Tracy

jmichell

Post by jmichell »

Well a couple of times I eventually cancelled the process after 10 minutes or so. Today I started it and walked away and when I came back the process had completed.
But half an hour ago I added one event in Powerchurch Events and immediately ran pcgsync11.exe from the command prompt -the synchronizing window came up and it has been sitting with a blank progress bar ever since. Surely it shouldn't take half an hour to see that there's one change to send?
John Michell

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

It should not. Was there any movement on the progress bar?
Tracy

jmichell

Post by jmichell »

There was no progress on the progress bar for a long time, more than 20 minutes.
Then I received an error dialog from pcgsync:
PROGRAM: parseeventlist
LINE: 998
ERROR: 2062
I clicked OK on that dialog, and the program completed. Note that I ran pcgsync twice in succession from the command prompt, once without parameters and once with a /? to see if any parameters were needed. So perhaps having two instances running caused the dialog.
John Michell

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

The Google sync tool is designed to be run without an interface via a scheduled task. No parameter should be passed during this method. Anything else on the command line will trigger the interface. Without an interface a file name pcgsync11.log will be created instead of displaying an error message.

Looking at the error you've reported suggests duplication information was received from the Google calendar. Running two instances one right after the other would not cause this behavior. We'll need to add code to handle the duplicate.

Editing the calendar online does not sync back to PowerChurch. PowerChurch will overwrite any online edits.
Tracy