backup data files with Ver 11

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bjwhitson

backup data files with Ver 11

Post by bjwhitson »

I have just installed Version 11 and it's working great with one exception. For the past 2 years with version 10, I have been able to backup my data files to my desktop, then immediately email the files to an offsite computer (my home computer) Before I work on the files there, I restore from the attached file on the email, then work with the data, and finally reverse the process - backup on my desktop at home, email it to the office, restore here and I'm back in business. When I try to do this with version 11, and click on the browse button to get to the desktop folder, the program just sits there and doesn't respond. I have to end using Task Manager and re-open the program.

Any ideas?
BJ
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA

NeilZ

Re: backup data files with Ver 11

Post by NeilZ »

bjwhitson wrote:I have just installed Version 11 and it's working great with one exception. For the past 2 years with version 10, I have been able to backup my data files to my desktop, then immediately email the files to an offsite computer (my home computer) Before I work on the files there, I restore from the attached file on the email, then work with the data, and finally reverse the process - backup on my desktop at home, email it to the office, restore here and I'm back in business. When I try to do this with version 11, and click on the browse button to get to the desktop folder, the program just sits there and doesn't respond. I have to end using Task Manager and re-open the program.

Any ideas?
BJ

Have you installed the latest Maintenance Release? Its cumulative and covers all updates current as of 03/25/10 I just tested and I was able to backup to my desktop.

That said, I would backup directly to a folder created under my C: drive, much easier to find ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: backup data files with Ver 11

Post by Tracy »

Are you able to save a report to your desktop or does it give the same behavior? This behavior is sometimes seen due to an anti-virus has blocked the use of the Windows API call used to display that folder listing.
Tracy