Printing the event calendar

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Printing the event calendar

Post by John Dykema »

1. I didn't spot any other thread about this so here goes. We are currently just using Calendar Creator to print the calendar. It neatly wraps the data within the box and expands the size of the boxes to fit the event data. No hassle and it shows all the detail. I'm testing Events to see if we should change the way we do things. When we print the calendar why doesnt the complete title of the event show when it's a bit large? We have a i.e. Anderson/Taft Wedding as the event but it cuts off the "Wedding" word in the box. We tried the default calenda (portrait 8 x 11). Also we played with the printer properties and got it to print on Legal/landscape. Both results were the same.

2. A long time ago when I was testing I thought there were calendar printing options (size & format) on the system. But that was a long time ago and now I don't remember. We scraped the Events idea because of this problem.

Please advise. Thanks.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Printing the event calendar

Post by Tracy »

There is no options for changing the print out to stretch or wrap as you are asking. I believe the format of what gets printed works like the calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
Tracy

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This was part of the reason for having the export to word processor option. If you do this, it copies the calendar to the Windows Clipboard. You can then create a new Word document and paste it in. You will notice if the Word document is landscape, the calendar will stretch to fit better when you paste it in.

The data that is copied to the clipboard is basically a table, so you can use table formatting in Word or Excel to resize columns, rows, and reformat the output.

indymtc

Post by indymtc »

I am using Windows 7 Professional and don't see a Windows Clip Board. Where does it get exported to?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

The Windows Clipboard is memory. After you export the calendar to the Windows Clipboard, it is available to Paste into Word, Open Office Write, or any other program that understands the Windows Clipboard.

When you copy/paste text in a Word document, this is using the Windows Clipboard.
Tracy