About to Upgrade

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

WEWC

About to Upgrade

Post by WEWC »

I am currently using pchurch 7 and have just ordered the version 11.
I am about to close a fical period and start a new one, but the shippment has not arrived as yet, and I need to start entering transactions into my new year. Can I so and then install the upgrade whenever it arrives? Meaning can I install the upgrade in the middle of, lets say a month?

NeilZ

Re: About to Upgrade

Post by NeilZ »

WEWC wrote:I am currently using pchurch 7 and have just ordered the version 11.
I am about to close a fical period and start a new one, but the shippment has not arrived as yet, and I need to start entering transactions into my new year. Can I so and then install the upgrade whenever it arrives? Meaning can I install the upgrade in the middle of, lets say a month?
Yes, when you install v11, it will ask if you are upgrading from a prior version, select YES, and it will locate the older Powerchurch data files, and convert them into the v11 database.

Your previous version will not be deleted, but I would remove the v7 icon from the desktop so that no one uses the older version going forward.

Just to let you know that in the newer versions, there is no such thing as 'year end' closing, you can maintain up to 18 months open at a time. This is user selectable from the PREFERENCEs menu.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Something to consider: When you close the fiscal year in Version 7, all the transaction history for the prior fiscal year is removed. This is not the case for Version 11.
Tracy

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

We just purchased the PCP11, we had PCP10.4. Do I have to install the software on each computer for the upgrade to be complete? I don't remember. Our computers are networked.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:We just purchased the PCP11, we had PCP10.4. Do I have to install the software on each computer for the upgrade to be complete? I don't remember. Our computers are networked.
No, you will network V11 the same way you networked v10.4.

The instructions are in the V11 manual.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.