Google sync: only Church-wide events?

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jabrancich

Google sync: only Church-wide events?

Post by jabrancich »

I love the additions and improvements to PC 11.0.

When I sync the Events Calendar with Google, only those events that are marked as "Church-wide Events" get included on the Google calendar. If an event has been included on a specific Activity Calendar, it will not be included on the Google calendar, even if the "Sync w/Google Calendar" option has been checked. Is this an error, or how it is supposed to be?

It seems to me that it would be better to include on the Google sync all events which are marked "Sync w/Google Calendar" regardless of the event's inclusion on specific Activity Calendars. Otherwise, you lose the ability to post the info as part of the main Google calendar if it is included on one or more activity calendars.

Hopefully this makes some sense!

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Google sync: only Church-wide events?

Post by Tracy »

It is by design.

The activities have a Google Calendar page on the setup. This will create a sub-calendar for each activity. This allows members of the activities to link the sub-calendar to their own, keeping from information overload.
Tracy

jabrancich

Re: Google sync: only Church-wide events?

Post by jabrancich »

Ah, that is better than my idea! I did not know about that new option in the Activities set-up. That should be a great feature. Thanks for the help -- I guess that's why you are the designer :)