What works Best for Capturing Inventory

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

indymtc

What works Best for Capturing Inventory

Post by indymtc »

We are starting to put inventory into PowerChurch and I am want to find out what others have found works. For example, We have a multi-purpose room that has a pool table, folding chairs, coat rack futon, rocker, etc. Do you itemize every thing by room or create a record for each item? Many of the items don't have manufacturer, serial or model #. With computer equip I can see putting many items together.

Let me know what you think works best.

NeilZ

Re: What works Best for Capturing Inventory

Post by NeilZ »

indymtc wrote:We are starting to put inventory into PowerChurch and I am want to find out what others have found works. For example, We have a multi-purpose room that has a pool table, folding chairs, coat rack futon, rocker, etc. Do you itemize every thing by room or create a record for each item? Many of the items don't have manufacturer, serial or model #. With computer equip I can see putting many items together.

Let me know what you think works best.
Frankly, for items that are not serialized, I would just group together:

IE: Folding Chairs: 50
Conference Table : 1

However, for computer equipment, I'd have each one entered individually, with serial numbers and their locations. Its too easy to misplace a printer or even a computer if someone 'borrows' it for whatever reason and doesn't bring it back to the original location.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.