Google sync: Event time error

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jabrancich

Google sync: Event time error

Post by jabrancich »

Here's a strange one. We are using a few Activity Calendars in addition to the Church-wide Events Calendar. On one of the calendars (5090, which we call "Youth Group) when an event is added and then synced with Google, the start time shifts five hours earlier. On Power Church, it says the event starts at 6:00 p.m. but on the Google Calendar, it says 1:00 p.m. Any ideas? It only seems to be happening on this one Activity Calendar thus far. The Google Calendar says the time zone is CDT, which is correct.

NeilZ

Re: Google sync: Event time error

Post by NeilZ »

jabrancich wrote:Here's a strange one. We are using a few Activity Calendars in addition to the Church-wide Events Calendar. On one of the calendars (5090, which we call "Youth Group) when an event is added and then synced with Google, the start time shifts five hours earlier. On Power Church, it says the event starts at 6:00 p.m. but on the Google Calendar, it says 1:00 p.m. Any ideas? It only seems to be happening on this one Activity Calendar thus far. The Google Calendar says the time zone is CDT, which is correct.
OK .. I'm going to ask the obvious, just to get it out of the way. You have the latest MR installed, right ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jabrancich

Post by jabrancich »

Yes, we do. Was this an issue previously?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jabrancich wrote:Yes, we do. Was this an issue previously?
Just something for the programmer to know, that you're on the latest update.

That said, I haven't seen this particular issue mentioned in the forums yet.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

I have noticed the creating of Activity calendars do not always keep the given time zone. Sometimes the results returned show GMT, other times they show the correct time zone passed in. However, looking at the calendar settings online they are not always correct. Testing the creation of three Activity calenders in one sync process, sometimes two will keep the correct time zone, other times only one does. I have not found a pattern. I will need to validate each Activity calendar after it has been created before creating any events on it in a future release.

This has been written up to be corrected.

Currently, if correcting the time zone and syncing again does not correct the affected Activity calendars. You'll need to delete one affected Activity calendar at a time and sync again.
Tracy

jabrancich

Post by jabrancich »

Thanks, Tracy.

Do I correct the time zone in PowerChurch or on the Google site?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

On the Google site.
Tracy