Example of Google Sync Calendar

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jabrancich

Example of Google Sync Calendar

Post by jabrancich »

I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you did to get the Google sync feature up and working. Some time ago, you asked for examples of how the Events calendar module was used on websites. I thought I would include our Church website here, since we make extensive use of the calendar as well as activity calendars for various groups in the Church. It has really enhanced our website and our ability to schedule a variety of events without conflicts. With the Google sync feature, the website is set to automatically update three times each day so our members can basically see what we see here in the office. Good job!

www.latinmassomaha.org

Click on the "Events Calendar" link to see the main calendar. Other activity caledars are located in the "Organizations" link and the "Divine Office" link

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Example of Google Sync Calendar

Post by Jeff »

Thank you for posting the link. It is nice to see how features we work on in the abstract are put to use in the "real" world.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:Thank you for posting the link. It is nice to see how features we work on in the abstract are put to use in the "real" world.
I've got a few more:

www.brentwoodpc.org,
www.connellsvillepresbyterian.org
www.faithchurch.org

8) ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

That's cool. I didn't think about other content management systems integrating with google calendar. So google sort of becomes the database to hold the calendar information.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:That's cool. I didn't think about other content management systems integrating with google calendar. So google sort of becomes the database to hold the calendar information.
Exactly ... there's no need to do any direct Google updates any longer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jabrancich

Post by jabrancich »

NeilZ, I looked at your links -- very impressive websites. Could you explain to me what you and Jeff are talking about not synching with Google anymore?

I like how you have in the sidebar the most near upcoming events...

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jabrancich wrote:NeilZ, I looked at your links -- very impressive websites. Could you explain to me what you and Jeff are talking about not synching with Google anymore?

I like how you have in the sidebar the most near upcoming events...
Its not that we're not syncing with Google, its that we're using PCPLUS to do the updates to Google. Previously, you had to logon to Google and do the updates there, now there's no need.

The Upcoming Events is a extension to the Joomla template/CMS that connects to Google to display the next 5 items on the calendar.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.