Moving PowerChurch software to another computer

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

VanAOG

Moving PowerChurch software to another computer

Post by VanAOG »

Our current PC is infected and some of Window's files are corrupted. After analyizing the issues, we have determined that it would be better to reinstall the operating system.

We have the installation disc for PowerChurch, but what is the best way to move over all of Powerchurch's settings and files?

Thanks for the help.

NeilZ

Re: Moving PowerChurch software to another computer

Post by NeilZ »

VanAOG wrote:Our current PC is infected and some of Window's files are corrupted. After analyzing

the issues, we have determined that it would be better to reinstall the operating system.

We have the installation disc for PowerChurch, but what is the best way to move over all of Powerchurch's settings and files?

Thanks for the help.
Can you get a good backup made through Powerchurch ??

Since the machine is infected, I would not backup the entire directory with executables as they may also have been infected.

Once you get the drive wiped and the OS reinstalled, then install Powerchurch, as a 'new' install, install the latest Maintenance Release, then restore that backup.

If you don't have a good backup, I'd make sure and run a good anti-virus/malware scan against the Powerchurch directory, then copy the entire Powerchurch directory to a CD or networked drive.

After the computer is wiped and OS reinstalled, then copy the Powerchurch directory to the C:\ drive. Once that is done, run the NETSETUP10 (or NETSETUP11) program from the Powerchurch directory to copy files, and fix the registry entries.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

VanAOG

Post by VanAOG »

Thank you so much for the reply! I greatly appreciate the help.

I don't have a lot of experience with the file system of PowerChurch. I'm just fixing this machine for my church. If I copy the contents of PowerChurch directory, will that copy over all the databases, etc?

When you say directory - I assume you're talking about the directory under C:\Program Files\PowerChurch, correct?

Thanks so much for the help. God bless.

VanAOG

Post by VanAOG »

I was able to get it installed on the new OS installation by copying the PowerChurch directory on the C:\ drive. I scanned it with Malwarebytes and it reported the directory clean, so I went ahead with that route.

Thanks again for the help. :)

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

VanAOG wrote:I was able to get it installed on the new OS installation by copying the PowerChurch directory on the C:\ drive. I scanned it with Malwarebytes and it reported the directory clean, so I went ahead with that route.

Thanks again for the help. :)
Don't forget to run the NetSetupNN.Exe to update the registry and add required runtimes !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

VanAOG

Post by VanAOG »

I ran NetSetup10.exe. Is there another that I should run?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

VanAOG wrote:I ran NetSetup10.exe. Is there another that I should run?
Nope .. you're on version 10, and that's the right one.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.