Missing/invalid file??

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Roscoe

Missing/invalid file??

Post by Roscoe »

Hello, I recently had my hard drive replaced (all my files were backed up off site) and when restored and I try to input checks manually, I get an error message that the following file is invalid or missing: apinfo.fpt, located in the data folder. Well upon searching, the file was downloaded. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program again and I'm getting the same error message. What's up, I'm stuck because I cannot input any checks!!

NeilZ

Re: Missing/invalid file??

Post by NeilZ »

Roscoe wrote:Hello, I recently had my hard drive replaced (all my files were backed up off site) and when restored and I try to input checks manually, I get an error message that the following file is invalid or missing: apinfo.fpt, located in the data folder. Well upon searching, the file was downloaded. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program again and I'm getting the same error message. What's up, I'm stuck because I cannot input any checks!!
The Apinfo.fpt file is one of the Accounts Payable DATA files for the program. Do you have a good Powerchurch backup of the data files taken when you replace the drive ??

If so, I'd try restoring that backup.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Yes, I believe I have a good backup of the files. As stated, the backup program listed the file as being restored (I checked the data folder and it is there amongst all the others). I restored the file a second time thinking that perhaps something went wrong in the download and I still got the same error message. I then reinstalled the whole program and still got an error message when I tried to input a check??????

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Roscoe wrote:Yes, I believe I have a good backup of the files. As stated, the backup program listed the file as being restored (I checked the data folder and it is there amongst all the others). I restored the file a second time thinking that perhaps something went wrong in the download and I still got the same error message. I then reinstalled the whole program and still got an error message when I tried to input a check??????
This backup you restored, was it a Powerchurch backup ?? It appears that you're talking about a full drive backup, this is a good idea, but having a separate backup made using the Powerchurch backup utility is often a better way of keeping the data safe.

Since it sounds like you only have the system backups to restore from, you may have to call the Powerchurch support phone for additional assistance.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Thanks, I did not use the Powerchurch backup. I'll follow your advice with regard to telephone assistance, thanks!!