Lost Data

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lakesidechurch

Lost Data

Post by lakesidechurch »

We have just recently upgraded our Powerchurch software to version 11.

But, when the counting team entered the offering from yesterday, they entered it in the old version.

Is there an easy way to get that data from the old version and into version 11 without re-entering everything by hand?

Thanks so much!

Mindy

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Lost Data

Post by Zaina »

Basically your two options are: 1. reenter the data into 11 manually or 2. reconvert the data from older version again.

The problem with this second option is that if data has been entered into version 11 since it was installed, it will be lost in the reconversion.

NeilZ

Re: Lost Data

Post by NeilZ »

Mindy,

I totally agree with Zaina, but to make sure this doesn't happen again, I'd delete the V10 shortcut from the desktop. This will not delete the program from the system, but it will keep the counting team from selecting the old version by mistake.

Some background on the re-entry of data: the reason you can't just backup the contributions database and restore it to the new version is because, its a new version and the design of the database may have changed. In fact, I'm positive it did as there were some updates made to the Contributions module adding new data items.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.