Google Calendar Bug (at Google not Powerchurch)

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

emarino

Google Calendar Bug (at Google not Powerchurch)

Post by emarino »

When I checked my website-embedded calendar today I noticed events were shifting to the left in some cases. The calendar looks fine in Google. When I couldn't find anything that I'd done wrong, I checked the Google support website and apparently Google has done something that introduced a bug into their code. Google is almost completely silent on this; someone (not from Google) offered a fix, but it didn't look like anything I want to try (at least not yet). This is causing havoc with a lot of businesses. I've disabled my calendar and I hope Google fixes the problem soon.

NeilZ

Re: Google Calendar Bug (at Google not Powerchurch)

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... this appears to only occur when the calendar is embedded in the website. We're using Joomla as the CMS for my website, and the GCalendar extension to create the display, and we do not see any problem as this extension just queries for the information, not the formatting.

From what I've seen on the forums, Google is working on a fix, but they don't know how long it will take.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

emarino

Re: Google Calendar Bug (at Google not Powerchurch)

Post by emarino »

As far as I can tell, this has been fixed. I did have to clear my cache (I think only with Chrome) in order to see the correct results.