DynaZIP UnZip Request on a Flash Drive Backup

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

evelyn

DynaZIP UnZip Request on a Flash Drive Backup

Post by evelyn »

I am trying to restore back-up data from my mini flash drive. The system recognizes the "E" drive and lists all of the back-ups but when I select the required backup I am getting a message to insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set. OK only brings the message up again and cancel just cancels.

Any ideas?

I am using PC11.1

NeilZ

Re: DynaZIP UnZip Request on a Flash Drive Backup

Post by NeilZ »

evelyn wrote:I am trying to restore back-up data from my mini flash drive. The system recognizes the "E" drive and lists all of the back-ups but when I select the required backup I am getting a message to insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set. OK only brings the message up again and cancel just cancels.

Any ideas?

I am using PC11.1
Just to be sure, this backup was made using Powerchurch v11 ?? What I'd do is run a Verify against that file to make sure that the file is not corrupted. If it passes, then try copying the file to another drive, then try restoring from there.

That said, it does sound like the backup file was corrupted in some way.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

evelyn

Post by evelyn »

Thank you - appears to have been a problem with my memory stick - I purchased a new one and it works fine. I appreciate your assistance.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

evelyn wrote:Thank you - appears to have been a problem with my memory stick - I purchased a new one and it works fine. I appreciate your assistance.
Weird how a non-mechanical device can go 'belly up'. Which is why I have redundant backups on the church systems ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.