Calendar Preparation

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CSTrinity

Calendar Preparation

Post by CSTrinity »

One of the reasons that we purchased the upgrade to 11 was for the purpose of working with our Google Calendar.

Here is the situation I am in...any input on the best way to work this into PowerChurch would be SUPER.

Currently we have two Google Calendars: Published Events and Non-Published Events. Obviously, we want the Published Events like services and small groups to show up on our website calendar. Non-Published Events are things like weddings that we don't necessarily want the public to see. The monkey wrench in all of this is that in March we will be opening a Community Center. My pastor would like to have a separate calendar for only Community Center events.

Is there a way that I can have three separate calendars? Do I have to mark events private? What should I do?

Ryan

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Calendar Preparation

Post by Jeff »

The Google sync and events area in PowerChurch are designed to work with the activities you have defined. So for example you can create a youth activity and add events to the youth calendar.

In Google you can choose which groups you want displayed on the calendar and I believe the user can then subscribe to particular groups activities.

If you create an unpublished activity in PowerChurch, you can then assign events to this activity. You don't have to sync events for this activity to Google.