Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

info@gracenorthatlanta.org

Error on login to PowerChurch

Post by info@gracenorthatlanta.org »

I just tried to login to PowerChurch and received an error message:

PROGRAM: SECURITYHANDLER.GETUSERLIST
LINE: 579
ERROR: 2062

After closing the error window PowerChurch closes. It repeats this everytime I try to login.
NEED HELP AS I AM TRYING TO RUN MONTH END TASKS!

Thanks in advance!

Robert
Grace North Atlanta

NeilZ

Re: Error on login to PowerChurch

Post by NeilZ »

Has anyone else tried to log on? Do they get the same message ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

It doesn't even get to the user ID /pswd . The error immediately shows up.

The way we have it setup is EVERYONE has to login via Remote Desktop (church plant with no office...yet). So their experience is the same.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

info@gracenorthatlanta.org wrote:It doesn't even get to the user ID /pswd . The error immediately shows up.

The way we have it setup is EVERYONE has to login via Remote Desktop (church plant with no office...yet). So their experience is the same.
How about the person in the office where you connect to ?? Do they have that issue ? Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to get all the information for the techs to look at.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Hey Neil,

No problem asking!

To help troubleshoot, PowerChurch is install on a server located in my home (I am the "IT guy" for the church). We have no office location yet. EVERYONE has to login remotely including myself.

We are on PowerChurch 11 latest patches.

I did take a backup on 1/21 that IF as a last resort I can uninstall and reinstall using the backup, but don't want to if I don't have to.

By the error code I thought it might just need to be re-indexed or something, but I don't know how to run it if I can't get the application to open at all.

Thanks again Neil!

Robert

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

info@gracenorthatlanta.org wrote:Hey Neil,

No problem asking!

To help troubleshoot, PowerChurch is install on a server located in my home (I am the "IT guy" for the church). We have no office location yet. EVERYONE has to login remotely including myself.

We are on PowerChurch 11 latest patches.

I did take a backup on 1/21 that IF as a last resort I can uninstall and reinstall using the backup, but don't want to if I don't have to.

By the error code I thought it might just need to be re-indexed or something, but I don't know how to run it if I can't get the application to open at all.

Thanks again Neil!

Robert
Hmmm .. since you're using Remote Desktop, I'm assuming its a Windows Server ?? You don't have rights to the admin desktop ?? You should be able to start Powerchurch that way.

That said, I did a search on the forum for securityhandler and your's is the only topic that came up with that phrase. I don't remember seeing anything about such an error before, of course, my memory could be (and often is) faulty ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Yes we are on Windows 2008 server.

I have logged in connecting using Console session which acts just as if you are right there on the server and still the same.

I have done the usual tech support solution of 'Rebooting' the server as well and still no difference.

Robert

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

OK ... now that we've eliminated Remote Desktop as the problem, the techs will be able to concentrate on the program as having the problem.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.