error between payroll and check register

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jdp3009

error between payroll and check register

Post by jdp3009 »

I ran the payroll check amount report and there was a 10.00 dollar difference from one employee's check amount, and the amount shown in the check regeister for that month. The check regeister amount was correct. How can that happen.

NeilZ

Re: error between payroll and check register

Post by NeilZ »

jdp3009 wrote:I ran the payroll check amount report and there was a 10.00 dollar difference from one employee's check amount, and the amount shown in the check regeister for that month. The check regeister amount was correct. How can that happen.
FWIW ... this question is better asked in the Accounting forum.

That said, some questions:

1. what version of Powerchurch are you running?? This will help as the payroll system has changed from v10 to v11.

2. do you have the latest Maintenance Release installed?

3. You said that the check register is correct, but the payroll report is incorrect. Do you print your checks? Are they printed out of Payroll or are manual checks written. If the checks are printed directly out of Payroll, there shouldn't be a difference in the amount as the transactions are directly created to Funds Accounting when you Post Payroll.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jdp3009

Post by jdp3009 »

We are using PC Plus Ver. 9. We write all check by hand, and use PC for reports, etc. To correct the error I voided the check, and it showed in the register as a minus amount for the incorrect amount, I than posted a correction so that the register in the PC program matches the correct amount shown in the Church check book. As a point of information do you know if in PC 11 if you can enter a manual check? We are very slow to make changes here. LOL

JIM Pignataro

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jdp3009 wrote:We are using PC Plus Ver. 9. We write all check by hand, and use PC for reports, etc. To correct the error I voided the check, and it showed in the register as a minus amount for the incorrect amount, I than posted a correction so that the register in the PC program matches the correct amount shown in the Church check book. As a point of information do you know if in PC 11 if you can enter a manual check? We are very slow to make changes here. LOL

JIM Pignataro
In version 11, the entire payroll area has been revamped, and you can do it all in PCPlus. If you want to manually write checks, you can do that, and have the system do the calculations for you. You just need to enter the number into the payroll check list, mark is as manual, and the system will create the transactions for Funds Accounting.

Obviously, v11 contains all the updates included in v10, plus more:

http://powerchurch.com/products/pcplus/?id=130

it is well worth the upgrade price of $149.00 ...

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.