QuickBooks Non-Profit Data Migration Roadmap (Runsheet)

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ZPCALIVE

QuickBooks Non-Profit Data Migration Roadmap (Runsheet)

Post by ZPCALIVE »

God bless you everybody!

We have been looking forward to migrate data from our QuickBooks Non-Profit System into PowerChurch. We already entered (from scratch) all our membership data but we want to migrate our financial data, so we can start using PC but full blast.

Is there a clear way that we can follow so that we can import the QB data into PC? We want to engage fully in PC but we need to know if this is possible or not, because if it is not possible, we need to design a plan to manually load data. We will be extremely sad if this happens but I know that is possible.

Any ideas / advises?

Blessings,
PETER VIDAL
AG Minister / PC Tech / Webmaster

NeilZ

Re: QuickBooks Non-Profit Data Migration Roadmap (Runsheet)

Post by NeilZ »

ZPCALIVE wrote:God bless you everybody!

We have been looking forward to migrate data from our QuickBooks Non-Profit System into PowerChurch. We already entered (from scratch) all our membership data but we want to migrate our financial data, so we can start using PC but full blast.

Is there a clear way that we can follow so that we can import the QB data into PC? We want to engage fully in PC but we need to know if this is possible or not, because if it is not possible, we need to design a plan to manually load data. We will be extremely sad if this happens but I know that is possible.

Any ideas / advises?

Blessings,
PETER VIDAL
AG Minister / PC Tech / Webmaster
Frankly, there is no good way to import this data into Powerchurch. That said, I know that Powerchurch offers a custom data migration that they will do for a fee. You'll have to call them direct for that.

Other than that, you'll have to either pick a month where you'll stop entering data into QBs, and start a beginning balance in PCPlus, or just wait until the end of your accounting year so that you'll have a fresh start.

That said, you can start using all other modules (Membership, Contributions, Events) right now. Contributions has no direct interface to Accounting so you can start keeping your donations there, and enter deposits into QBs. Then when you fully integrate Accounting, you can then post Contributions, and have the system create the deposit transactions for Accounting.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

NeilZ wrote:Powerchurch offers a custom data migration that they will do for a fee. You'll have to call them direct for that.
To save you a call, we can only convert Membership & Contributions information. Never accounting.

There is an Import Fund Accounting Transactions menu option in Fund Accounting, but to get your transactions from QuickBooks reformatted into the right column/row layout in an Excel file, with the PowerChurch account numbers, etc. is a lot more work than just entering that information from scratch. Unfortunately, as Neil stated, there isn't a good way of getting this information converted over.

ZPCALIVE

Post by ZPCALIVE »

Ok. I will have to prepare myself metally for the big project... :o) I will discuss with our Treasurer and design a plan.

Thank you fr your advises and comments. God bless you all!

jkelly

Post by jkelly »

Can you tell me if this question has an answer for 2018?

Are we able to migrate the accounting, checkbook register from quickbooks to powerchurch more easily?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jkelly wrote:Can you tell me if this question has an answer for 2018?

Are we able to migrate the accounting, checkbook register from quickbooks to powerchurch more easily?
Frankly, no.

The best way is to switch over to Powerchurch at the end of a fiscal year. That would involve planning the switch over ahead of time, but this does give you a chance to take a good look at the chart of accounts, and make any changes needed.

Now has Powerchurch changed its policy of converting accounting files? I haven't heard anything that says so, but it pays to give them a call to see. I do know the policy has not changed on the website.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.