Assigning a Job

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pcu55303

Assigning a Job

Post by pcu55303 »

Ok, I have searched the manual and searched the forums and I may be missing something.

I have an excel spreadsheet that shows each Sunday and who is serving in what capacity on that particular Sunday, for instance:

Sunday 6/12/2011 I have 2 readers, 1 chalice bearer and 1 usher

Next week it will be 4 other people but the same job needs to be done.

How do I set this up so that I can go through and select a persons name and then select the dates that they are assigned to say Read and each week send out an e-mail to the people that are serving on the upcoming Sunday.

I am a little confused between events/tasks and assigning.

HELP :)
Please visit us at...http://www.htaj.org

bookkeeper-sheila

Re: Assigning a Job

Post by bookkeeper-sheila »

good question... I'm new to the events calendar as well. Wondering how to set up ushers/greeters. Same situation...I need, perhaps, 5 people each week, but rotating teams. Should it be setup like:
event - 8:30 service
activity usher
(how would role fit in? role team A usher or team A greeter)
task ??

good question....
Bookkeeper-Sheila
Switzerland Community Church

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch doesn't have an employee or volunteer scheduling area, which it sounds like is what you are looking for.

You would either assign each of those repeating tasks to different people on each separate event, or less work; just track this outside of PowerChurch Plus.

This is something that is being considered for future versions, but we aren't there yet.

bookkeeper-sheila

Post by bookkeeper-sheila »

Right now we use the activity/role for emailing out reminders to those volunteers. It works well. But we use excel or word to keep track of the rotations.

Just wondering how much to automate into Events, and how much needs to remain outside of PC+

Thanks for the tidbit. :)
Bookkeeper-Sheila
Switzerland Community Church