Sync with Google Created Double Events

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Vwisner

Sync with Google Created Double Events

Post by Vwisner »

When we synched PCP with Google events today it created double events for everything on our Google calendar. Everything is duplicated now on the calendar. How do I fix this?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Sync with Google Created Double Events

Post by Zorak »

Under File > Preferences > Events Setup on the Google Calendar tab, click the Remove All Events From Google Calendar button. Once this process is done, run the sync again.

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

THANK YOU! That fixed it.

kwilson

Post by kwilson »

My calendar sync is doing the same thing....every event is doubled after the sync. How can I prevent this?
Kay
PowerChurch user since 2009
PowerChurch Online user since 2014

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Make sure that you have the latest Maintenance Release installed:

http://www.powerchurch.com/mr

There was an update a couple of years ago that resolved this issue for most people. There is an outstanding bug report from a couple of users who are still having this problem, but in very specific scenarios.

After you get the latest MR installed, go through the process listed earlier in this thread to remove all synced events from the Google Calendar, then run the sync again. If you still end up with duplicate events, send us an e-mail from http://www.powerchurch.com/contact and let us know.

kwilson

Post by kwilson »

I always keep updates current. I've been removing synced events from Google Calendar and re-syncing. It's fine until I run sync again and there are all the double events. I'm running 11.5. I sometimes sync from a different computer. Would that have anything to do with it. I wouldn't think it would, but I'm grasping at straws here.
Kay

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Did you use the 'Remove all events' procedure before the last sync??

Also, when you sync using a different computer, are you using one that is on the same network, or a stand alone using a copy of the database ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is a table in the database that stores each event with a unique tag from Google that links the two. From that tag, the sync program determines the last time the event was synced and whether there have been changes made.

If the databases on the two different computers are not perfectly in sync, meaning restore a backup from one into the other every time a change has been made (including a change added by the Google Sync process) then the link between the events in PowerChurch and the events on the Google Calendar will be broken.

kwilson

Post by kwilson »

Your explanation of the database table explains a lot. Evidently the link was broken when I used a restored copy. Thank you so much for your help!
Kay