Email Problem

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ksm

Email Problem

Post by ksm »

I am getting the following message when I try to send an emai "Target principal name is incorrect". Has anyone else gotten this message and know how to correct it? I've been able to send reports before via email and now it's not working.
I have PC Plus v 10.4
Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Email Problem

Post by NeilZ »

ksm wrote:I am getting the following message when I try to send an emai "Target principal name is incorrect". Has anyone else gotten this message and know how to correct it? I've been able to send reports before via email and now it's not working.
I have PC Plus v 10.4
Thanks!
Are you sending one email or emailing a group ??

The reason is if you're sending out one email, the program uses the email program setup on the Computer. Usually MS Outlook, or Outlook Express.

If you're sending out a group, you're using the built-in group email routines.

Knowing what you're trying to do will aid in helping you out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ksm

Post by ksm »

I am sending out one email. Specifically speaking, I am looking at sending one member her indidvidual contributio statement, so I am in the "report preview" and I click on the email button and enter the email address and fill out the following pages and click "start sending" and that's when I get the error message that says "a connection to the server could not made. the target principal name is incorrect."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ksm wrote:I am sending out one email. Specifically speaking, I am looking at sending one member her indidvidual contributio statement, so I am in the "report preview" and I click on the email button and enter the email address and fill out the following pages and click "start sending" and that's when I get the error message that says "a connection to the server could not made. the target principal name is incorrect."
Sending out one email uses the email program on your computer, not the internal Powerchurch email routines. Check your email program (Outlook, Windows Live ??) to see if its properly setup.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ksm

Post by ksm »

My outlook email is running properly and I am able to send and receive from it. When I check the System Setup Options>Email then "test" it say a successful connection was made. But when I go to User Setup Options>Email then "test" this is when i get the error stating the the target principal name is incorrect.
I know this reply is two years after my initial post; but during that time I have just been saving the reports to my computer and emailing them from Outlook in PDF files.
Thanks!

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zaina »

I would suspect that if you can get a successful test in System Setup and not a successful one on the User Setup has something checked to override the system. What is different between the two?