update from 10 to 11 & lost data

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

marybethwesley

update from 10 to 11 & lost data

Post by marybethwesley »

It seems that since I updated from 10 to 11, that I have lost names from my membership module. Mainly in-actives, but I can't be sure. Also, I can't be sure that contribution data hasn't been lost. How do I correct this or find out exactly what data didn't transfer? thanks!

NeilZ

Re: update from 10 to 11 & lost data

Post by NeilZ »

marybethwesley wrote:It seems that since I updated from 10 to 11, that I have lost names from my membership module. Mainly in-actives, but I can't be sure. Also, I can't be sure that contribution data hasn't been lost. How do I correct this or find out exactly what data didn't transfer? thanks!
The system will automatically move all data from v10 to v11, as long as you let the version 11 know that you're upgrading.

I've not heard of any data loss from the membership or contributions modules during this time, but if you think this happened and you've not started using v11 by entering new data or any kind (membership, contributions or accounting) you can force the program to do another conversion.

Let us know if you need this type of instruction.

To find out what (if anything) is missing, you should still have version 10 on the system. You can run membership reports and compare them side by side, as well as contribution reports. That said, if you said these were inactive members, make sure that they have the include in membership reports block on their Mailing List profile checked, or else they will not show up in the reports.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

NeilZ wrote:make sure that they have the include in membership reports block on their Mailing List profile checked, or else they will not show up in the reports.
This was my first thought as well... Inactive people may not be showing in reports in Version 10, either, but if you look them up in the Integrated Data Entry screen, they are probably still there in Version 11.

marybethwesley

Post by marybethwesley »

nope. That's how I found out the person was missing. I was looking for them in integrated because I needed to call them. Changes have already been made, so I can't force an upgrade. Thanks for trying! :?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

marybethwesley wrote:nope. That's how I found out the person was missing. I was looking for them in integrated because I needed to call them. Changes have already been made, so I can't force an upgrade. Thanks for trying! :?
How many are missing ???
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

marybethwesley

Post by marybethwesley »

i'm not sure. how can I tell? i know of at least three and am wondering how many more!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

marybethwesley wrote:i'm not sure. how can I tell? i know of at least three and am wondering how many more!
Its going to have to be a manual effort.

What I would do is run the All Family Alphabetical report on V10 then V11 and compare the two. If you then find anything missing, you may have to manually reenter that data.

If you do find any with envelopes assigned, you should also check to see if those envelopes were active in v10, and if they were brought over to v11.

Finally, are you sure no one else cleaned up the database before the upgrade ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.