Move PowerChurch Files to another Letter Drive on Server.

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

icporlando

Move PowerChurch Files to another Letter Drive on Server.

Post by icporlando »

Is there any way to move a current installation of PowerChurch 11 on win2003 server from the current C:\ to a different letter drive on the server? If so how can I do this?

After that has been done, I will re-map the current networked pc's to the new location on the server but is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: Move PowerChurch Files to another Letter Drive on Server.

Post by NeilZ »

icporlando wrote:Is there any way to move a current installation of PowerChurch 11 on win2003 server from the current C:\ to a different letter drive on the server? If so how can I do this?

After that has been done, I will re-map the current networked pc's to the new location on the server but is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks.
Easiest way is to reinstall the program, and change the drive letter during the install.

1. Do a backup of the database to CD, external HD or USB thumb drive, go to Help>About and get program's registration number for use in step 4
2. Using the standard Windows ADD/Remove Programs, uninstall the program.
3. Reinstall program to new drive.
4. Start program, system will ask for registration info. You can basically type anything you want in the name and address, it only verifies the Registration number which you wrote down in step 1. The program will then create the database files.
5. Restore from the backup made in step 1.
6. Share the new drive & directory (IE: E:\Powerchurch\PCPLUSxx) with ALL permissions.
7. Go to each client machine and map the new Powerchurch directory as a drive to that machine.

There are utilities that will move the program, data and update the registry, but I can't see using or buying that when you can do this with the existing tools you have.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.