Merging Fund

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NorwalkUMC

Merging Fund

Post by NorwalkUMC »

Merging accounts is fairly straight forward; but how can one merge funds. We would like to reduce the number of funds and need to merge two or more into one fund; i.e. Merge Fund 07 and all it's accounts into Fund 02.
Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: Merging Fund

Post by NeilZ »

NorwalkUMC wrote:Merging accounts is fairly straight forward; but how can one merge funds. We would like to reduce the number of funds and need to merge two or more into one fund; i.e. Merge Fund 07 and all it's accounts into Fund 02.
Thanks.
FWIW ... this sounds more a question that should have been asked in the Accounting forum than in the one on PCPlus Utilities, as this would be a normal Accounting module procedure.

This would seem straightforward, but I suspect there are some pitfalls. One of which is even though you move all the assets to the 02 fund, you won't be able to totally delete 07 as there would be transactions against it, and so forth. That said, you can then renumber it so it can be in an archive state, from 07 to 90 .

I would think the steps would be as follows:

1. Create accounts in 02 that parallel those in 07
2. Using transfer accounts, move assets from accounts in 07 to the accounts in 02
3. Post transactions
4. Set the accounts in 07 to INACTIVE (again you won't be able to delete as there would be transactions against it)
5. Renumber fund 07 to something else.

There may be something I missed, and I'm sure someone will correct me ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.