External utility

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

carrollcamh

External utility

Post by carrollcamh »

According to the help under External Reindex Utility. To ensure reindexing is done regularly, PowerChurch Plus includes an external reindex utility called pcindex11.exe. It is designed to be placed in your Windows Scheduled Tasks to be performed automatically at set times.

What is the name for version 11.1? And is there a backup exe, that I can schedule. Users sometimes forget, so I would like to automatically do it.

Regards,
Henry

NeilZ

Re: External utility

Post by NeilZ »

carrollcamh wrote:According to the help under External Reindex Utility. To ensure reindexing is done regularly, PowerChurch Plus includes an external reindex utility called pcindex11.exe. It is designed to be placed in your Windows Scheduled Tasks to be performed automatically at set times.

What is the name for version 11.1? And is there a backup exe, that I can schedule. Users sometimes forget, so I would like to automatically do it.

Regards,
Henry
I do believe the reindex utility is pcindex11.exe ... however, they have not added a scheduled backup utility in 11.1. That was added in 11.5 with an integrated configuration in PCPlus Preferences and scheduling through the standard Windows scheduler.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.